SDJ Design Engineering Ltd was contracted to develop an A-frame design to the Lloyds Lifting Appliances in a Marine Environment before supplying a fully costed solution for the A-frame supply.
The project involved:-
- Concept development of the A-frame geometry
- Preliminary load case development to Lloyds Lifting Appliances.
- Preliminary design calculations to Lloyds Lifting Appliances to allow the preliminary sizing of the structural members of the A-frame
- Preliminary sizing of the A-frame cylinders
- Generation of cylinder purchase specification and costing
- Compiling of technical proposal for the design, manufacture of the A-frame for UTROV submission.