We're Hiring: Mechanical Design Engineer
SDJ Design Engineering Ltd is an Engineering consultancy working within the Energy Sector. We offer engineering solutions to a range of clients with varying requirements from concept development through to detailed design and build projects.
Operating now since 2012, we are a Glasgow based company looking to add a Mechanical Design Engineer to the team.
Based at the Whisky Bond, we are offering the opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join this growing business and to continue SDJ’s commitment to providing excellent engineering services to its clients.
We offer flexible working hours, when operationally appropriate, and a willingness to provide training and development where required.
The role will involve concept development, creation and review of design calculations as well as generating drawing packages for fabrication, based on client requirements and industry standards.
The role will only be limited to the candidate’s enthusiasm, as projects progress from design to fabrication and build. With a number of exciting projects on the horizon, this could lead to the candidate taking concepts from the design process, right through to manufacture and delivery to clients.
The role will be broken down into the following elements:
- Concept design and development
- Production of Design calculations
- Production of 3D models from concepts
- Mechanical FEA analysis of designs
- Generation of fabrication and component part drawings
- Coordination with sub-contractors, suppliers and fabricators
- Monitoring quality of all design work as well as ensuring all recording of data is maintained at the highest level.
- Assisting in the identification, development and implementation of process improvements.
- Ensuring that all work meets customer expectations on quality and schedule
The role is predominantly based in Glasgow but may require some travel to client locations (UK).
The candidate will have a degree (2:1) in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical discipline and have at least 2-3 years’ experience.
Further to the technical skills listed below the individual will have the following:
- Willingness to get involved in all elements of the project where required
- Ability to conceptualise and understand the practical application of engineering design
- Capacity to think quickly, learn new skills and assimilate information efficiently
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop with the company
- Ability to anticipate and identify issues with self-motivation to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible approach to work dependant on the needs of the business
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and suppliers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
Applications can be made by emailing us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can apply using our company accounts on Linkedin and Indeed.
We look forward to hearing from you!